Clerk/Treasurer Email Issues - February 19, 2021

Apologies in advance to anyone who has tried to contact Clerk/Treasurer Sue Ann Spens by email re... [more...]

Free High-volume COVID-19 test site comes to King County’s Eastside - December 13, 2020

Summary: A new free COVID-19 test site will open at Bellevue College on Tuesday, December 15. Thi... [more...]

Mental Health Resources - December 01, 2020

Many of us are feeling the strain of the ongoing pandemic.  We encourage everyone to explore... [more...]

Sound Transit - South Bellevue Construction Alert - November 03, 2020

Sound Transit is on track to open 28 new stations over the next four years.  To learn more a... [more...]


Right of Way (ROW) Permits

The permit process is the means by which an adjacent property owner or utility demonstrates that any work proposed for the public right-of-way (ROW) complies with all local regulations and state and Federal laws in effect at the time the permit application is filed with the Town. All improvements proposed for the public ROW need a permit of some type, and some improvements to the ROW are prohibited.  It is important that anyone proposing work on the public ROW consult the Beaux Arts Village Municipal Code to learn what work is allowed and what permits are required before beginning any construction work.  Any person who starts a construction project without the needed permits will be charged a penalty in addition to the normal permit fees.

The inspection process ensures that the proposed work is completed according to the requirements of the permit issued.  Inspections protect both adjacent homeowners, utilities, and the Town from construction that fails to meet code requirements.

The Town of Beaux Arts Village issues its own building, grading,mechanical, plumbing, demolition, tree-removal and right-of-way permits.  The Town does NOT issue permits for electrical work.  Electrical permits are issued by the Washington State Department of Labor & Industries, Bellevue Service Location, 425.990.1400. PLEASE NOTE:  The removal of trees from public property is strictly prohibited.

Instructions and forms for permits issued by the Town are listed below. You will need Adobe Acrobat to use these documents. Forms that are fillable pdfs begin with the designation "f-" in the form name.

If you need help with any aspect of the permit process, please contact Deputy Clerk Angela Kulp.